Monday, January 12, 2009

I survived...

I feel like I need one of those shirts that says "I survived..." Mine would say I survived my week in Computer Keyboarding and ALC!!"

Only the Lord knew what He had in store for me last week and I think I'm glad that I didn't know prior to going into the assignment or I wouldn't have agreed to it. Each day the Lord gave me a verse to help strengthen and remind me of why I was there. John 16:33 was the first verse. How applicable that verse ended up being to my whole week.
"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

"For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!" 2 Corinthians 4:17
This verse summed up my Friday and when the final bell rang at the end of the day, I think I was just as excited as the kids in my 7th period to get out of the class.

Highlights of my week: (note I'm being very sarcastic)
1. Having to kick the same 3 kids out of ALC all 3 days they were in there with me.
2. Getting asked out by multiple students in my class ( my favorite was the one who asked if he could take me to Costco to get pizza!) hahahaha
3. Drug deal going on outside my classroom..

Thankfully today I have travelled back to historyland and am subbing for my old master teacher. My life is much happier.

No comments: