Saturday, July 25, 2009

answered prayer

I love how God has a great sense of humor!
I've been praying for months that He would open the right doors for me to be able to teach in my own classroom fulltime in the fall. My degree is in Social Science and so I want to teach history. Technically I can teach economics too, but ever since a correspondence course fiasco my senior year of college, I've developed a hatred for economics. So when people ask what I can teach economics is the last thing I list. If I could I'd leave it off the list.
Two weeks ago I get a call from a Christian school in Riverside asking if I would come in and interview. I did and then a few days later they asked me to come in again, and they offered my the job teaching junior AP US History and senior Government (1st semester) and you guessed it.. Economics (2nd semester)! Now of course I was thrilled about the history and government part, but the econ uggg.... How can I complain though? I have a job and that is so much more than many other people especially new teachers right now. I just think that it's totally God's sense of humor to give me what I was praying for with a bit of a challenge thrown in the mix to keep me reliant on Him!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

God is good! And you get to work in my hometown! What more could you ask for?!