Tuesday, November 18, 2008

adventures in subbing and the fires

Subbing.. o boy.. This last week was quite the week for characters.. I subbed one day for the computer keyboarding teacher. He also serves as the ALC teacher during one of his periods. (ALC is where the office sends the kids you kick out of your class for either the rest of the day or the rest of the period) It's basically jail. The kids there don't care what you say, because they're already in trouble and you can't do anything else to them. Of course they don't come with any work to do or if they do have work they lie and say they don't. It's a fun filled hour of torture for the teacher. Then, on Thursday, I subbed for a friend of mine in Freshman english. Gotta love freshmen! In my 4th period class after having the "Great Shake Up" (simulated 7.8 earthquake drill) I confiscated a remote control fart machine. Now this would've made my day had I been able to collect the remote as well as the machine, because I could've then used it for my own enjoyment at lunch with the guys. (but no the child didn't want to own up to who the owner of the machine was and so I was left with a machine that makes noises, but no way to control the noises) :( Needless to say it was an entertaining week at the high school. Unfortunately for me because the air quality is so bad b/c of the fires schools have been closed for the last two days. Of course these would be days that I actually had subbing assignments. So after a weekend of stress, and anxiety, I'm glad the fires are under control down here and life can return to normal.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm glad the fires are under control too. I get to see you soon!!!!